Are you a woodworker looking to set up your workshop, but your small space and limited funds are getting in the way of Woodworking?
It turns out that even with a small space (as small as 8’X8’ square feet); you can still set-up up a complete, fully functional workshop.
And you don’t have to worry about not having a lot of money; at Ultimate Small Shop.com, expert woodworker Ralph Chapman gives you a complete guide to setting up a small, but complete workshop for under $1,000.
No Space, No Funds No Tools Woodwork?
Workshop space and tool selection are among the most common problems beginner wood-workers face. Many beginner woodworkers do not know how much funds they need to set up a shop, how much space is enough, how to shop for quality goods even with limited funds, among other things. In a complete guide to building small workshops, Ultimate Small Shop addresses these issues and more.
What’s This All About and Who Is It For?
As a woodworker, you need a shop and a place to keep your lumber and other tools. Setting up a workshop may sound expensive, and many woodworkers think they need a larger space. The truth is, this isn’t always true. With just $1,000 and a space as small as 8’X8’ square feet, you can build a functional workshop.
When I first started, my shop is a small walk in closet in an city apartment – so I completely understand where Ralph is coming from. You just need to know how to maximize your space and select the right tools for the job. Ralph takes you step by step through the entire process of setting this up.
Ralph’s website, UltimateSmallShop is dedicated to showing woodworkers how to build small complete workshops on a budget. The website offers you comprehensive guides covering all the factors that you need to consider in order to set up a proper workshop, from the most basic to the most critical. The site also provides critical insights for tool selection including where to buy them at the lowest cost
So if you are a woodworker wondering: How much money will I need to set up my workshop? Is this space too small for a fully functional workshop? How do I get quality tools, and what’s the bare minimum woodworking tools will I need? What are the most important factors to consider when setting up a woodworking workshop? Then Ultimate Small Shop was created for you.
It is also important to note that while the website was basically meant to help beginners who are setting up shop for the first time, its insights are also very helpful even to more experienced woodworkers who already have a shop.
It contains many tips on workspace optimization, improving efficiency with tool selection and machine placements.
Why You Should Really Check Out Ultimate Small Woodwork Shop
Setting up a woodworking workshop shouldn’t very difficult, but without knowing how to, what you need to do and what you shouldn’t do, it may end up being more expensive than you thought. For instance, when it comes buying tools, many beginner woodworkers just don’t know what to get. They end up buying poor quality tools or tools they actually don’t need.
And talking about tools, it turns out those online shops (like Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot) that promise “best prices” aren’t the best places to shop for quality woodworking tools at reasonable prices. Ultimate Small Shop gives you a list of the best and most important tools to get and where to buy them from at discounted prices.
What’s more, if you are wondering whether or not that small space will be enough for your workshop, Ralph’s guide has complete floor-plans for creating workshop layouts in small spaces.
What You Can Expect To Find In The Woodwork Guide:
The guide will give you insights on 6 modules:
Tool Selection Woodwork
– How to determine exactly which tools you need for your woodworking hobby before you start buying… so you’ll never blow your hard-earned cash on a tool that just ends up sitting in a box unused.
– Hand-tool only shopping list if your budget is under $500 (or if you just want to use hand-tools only)… and direct links to buy them for the best price. (pg 41)
– Power tool and hand-tool shopping list if your budget is under $1,000… and direct links to buy them for the best price. (pg 42)
Space Selection for Woodwork
– All of the possible types of home workshop spaces… and the pros and cons of each
– Get ideas and layouts for all sizes of workshops, from the large to tiny including setting up a woodworking shop in your garage, basement, attics, home spaces, apartment corners
– The one place that is perfect for a small workshop… but from what I’ve seen… very few ever consider it
– and the list goes on
Shop Layouts for Woodwork
– How to plan and design your workshop to fit nicely in whatever space you have available… without sacrificing tools and machines you really need.
– Perfect shop layouts for spaces that are 10’ x 10’ and under
– What I call the “doorway trick” … using this technique along with a smart layout can make a small space work like a larger one! (pg 29)
– You’ll get detailed floor plans and space-saving layout recommendations for your workshop. It includes machine placement and dividing your work space effectively for different woodworking tasks
– and many more…
Electricity, Lighting and Sound Proofing for Woodwork
– You’ll learn the ins and outs of lighting and electricity for your workshop, including cost and layout
– The cheap circuit type that can power almost anything… without ever risking a blown breaker. (pg 89)
– How to lower all sound that escapes from your workshop by as much as 70% for under $500..
– and the list goes on…
Heating, Cooling, Ventilation & Dust pruf Woodwork Shop
– The $3 trick that ensures you have clean air even without inside-to-outside ventilation (which can make your workspace either hot or cold). This trick might even be healthier than having fans in your windows. (pg 111)
– The EXACT model of shop vac that is the best performer for its price… a great value!
– Why “cheap” heaters are not the way to go if you want to save money. And what to do instead.
– The best types of heaters for shops that are well insulated and those that are not well insulted.
Workshop Safety & More
The one type of shop fire that gives you a 50/50 chance of losing your home. Learn about it on pg 121
– Two tricks to avoid tripping over cables.
– 90% of workshop fires can be prevented by doing this one post-work habit which you’ll discover on page 91
The 10 item checklist for Woodwork shop safety.
– and the list goes on…
If you are looking to build a workshop on a budget but don’t know where to begin, visit ultimatesmallshop.com and find out how you will set up your ultimate small workshop today.
I bought the guide but I can’t access it?
After purchase, an email will be sent to you with your login credentials. Locate that email and login at our members page.
If you encounter errors on the login page preventing you from logging in, try accessing the page on a computer instead of a mobile/tablet
Also, try a different browser (Firefox/Chrome) if you’re having trouble logging on your computer as well.
Can I get a printed book instead?
Yes. You can opt for the printed book version in the members area after you’ve made the purchase.
It is a small additional payment that includes shipping charges.
Can I access this on my mobile or tablet?
Absolutely. You can access the members area on any mobile, tablet device. You can read all the guides on your device as well.
How do I open and read the guides?
After your purchase, you’ll be taken to a members page where you can download everything.
The guides come in PDF format. You need Adobe Reader to view PDFs Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and it’s already installed on most computers.
If you don’t have it or for some reason your files still won’t open, you’ll be given a link to download the free PDF reader.
Do you offer a money back guarantee?
Yes we do. As stated on our site, we’re so confident you’ll enjoy the guides, we offer a full 60 day money back guarantee.